Introduction to 5OS02
5OS02 Advances in Digital Learning and Development is the second option unit in Associate Diploma in Organisational Learning and Development. The unit provides insight on the future of technology, digital learning, and learning and the impact of artificial intelligence, robots, artificial intelligence and automation in learning. Learners pursuing this course unit are required to complete a task one, where they create a presentation for the case study’s annual conference. The learners will answer the following questions.
AC 1.1 Evaluate how the development of technology, along with digital collaboration, has impacted the design and delivery of learning and development over the past five years
Learners discuss advances in digital technology from the past, the present and future. Digital learning increase access to learning resources such as smartphones, tablets, laptops and other digital devices that transform how learning process and collaboration.
- How learners move from Classroom based training to interactive e-learning
- Learners explain the strengths and weaknesses of learning systems such as LMS (learning management systems) and LXP (learning experience systems
AC 1.2 Evaluate at least one risk and one challenge that technology-based learning and development poses to:
Organisations, and how these could be addressed (part of AC 1.2)
Learners explain the risks and challenges of technology-based learning to organisations, taking into consideration risk factors such as;-
- Data protection; security threats and hacking
- Misuse of technology by staff
- Accessibility to system in and out of work
- Challenges such as System implementation and ownership
- Challenges on ethical issues and data use
L&D professionals, and how these could be addressed (part of AC 1.2)
L&D professionals face risks and challenges that relate to;-
- Change in L&D skills requirements
- Change in stakeholder relationships
- Accessibility to available remote learning opportunities
- Security and health issues among L&D professionals when using the new technologies
Learners and how these could be addressed (part of AC 1.2)
Risks and challenges to learners include;-
- Need to increase IT skills requirements
- Need for self-direction, which takes time during in-work learning
- Impact on learner’s personal life
AC 2.1 Assess the following five different types of digital learning content, ‘explainer videos’, PDFs, infographics, e-learning and scenarios. Discuss when these types may be applied in learning and add in an overview as to the benefit the learner receives from this type of digital learning content
Learners explain the advantages and disadvantages of the five digital learning content types, and their capability in synchronous and asynchronous learning. Learners explain in learning interventions and the beneficial of these learning contents in the modern L&D practice.
AC 2.2 Evaluate three attributes that you would consider to help you to choose the right digital learning content to maximise the impact on learner engagement and how you would ensure that the content meets the identified learning need
Learners consider the following attributes when answering this question;-
- Interactive modules and visuals such as videos, animations and podcasts
- Human centred designs in learning that relate to implementation of digital learning to replace face-to-face learning
- Consideration of learners’ preferences. The facilitators in this case should take action to design learning preferences that include all learners.
Leave a Reply