Professional Development Plan (PDP)
The Professional Development (PDP) is a requirement for students taking CIPD Level 5 5CO03 unit. It is a document that identifies the required skills, competencies and objectives that professionals need to accomplish to manage their weaknesses. PDP guides professionals as they identify activities that they will engage in to meet their career goals and objectives.
Steps to develop your PDP
Professionals need to follow the steps below to come up with their personal PDPS:
- Identify their current professional state
- Develop career goals
- Identify areas of professional strength and weaknesses
- Identify activities or engagements to manage weaknesses
- Recognise resources needed to complete the activities
- Determine the success criteria
- Specify a specific timeline to accomplish the goals.